If you see “One or more audio service isn’t running” this error on your PC, here is the article that contains a solution. You will learn how to fix this problem.
For many reasons, you may encounter audio problems in Windows 10. When you try to troubleshoot, you may be able to fix some of them. But, Sometimes, It ends up showing an error message like “One or more audio service isn’t running.” However, This article explains how you can fix this issue on your Windows PC.
Table of Contents
How to Fix One or More Audio Service isn’t Running
To fix this problem, you can follow three troubleshooting methods. Any of them will solve “one or more audio service isn’t running.”
1. Check and Restart Audio Services
Whenever you encounter this problem, the first thing you should do is checking the audio services status. If you see it’s running, restart it. If it’s inactive, just start it. It should work. Here are the instructions you will have to follow to do it:
- At first, Open the Start Menu, type services.msc and hit enter. It will open the services window.
- Now, Find the services “Windows Audio” and “Windows Audio Endpoint Builder” and see their status. If these are running, right-click on them and click Restart. If the status is stopped, just right-click and then click on start.
- Now, Double-click on these services and set the startup type to automatic.
- Then, Apply and OK.
You also should make sure “Remote Procedure Call” and also if “Multimedia Class Scheduler Service” exists, these are running.
Now, It should fix One or more audio service isn’t running problem. If not, follow the next methods.
2. Update Audio Driver
If the previous method hasn’t worked or is not ideal for you, don’t worry. You can update the audio drivers on your PC to get rid of this problem. To audio driver, there are two ways you can follow.
- At first, Download a Driver Updater you want and install it on your PC.
- Now, Launch the driver updater, scan for missing or outdated drivers.
- Install the audio driver.
If you don’t want to use a third-party driver updater, read: How to update drivers manually on Windows 10
Updating the audio driver should fix “One or more audio service isn’t running.” If not, follow next methods.
3. Re-Install Audio Driver
At this point, you should no longer encounter the audio problem. However, If the problem still exists, you should re-install the audio driver. In this case, Driver Booster can help. However, If you want to do it manually, do it in following way:
- At first, Open the start menu, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter. It will open Windows Device Manager.
- Now, Expand Sound, Video and Game Controllers.
- Then, Right-click on your audio driver such as High Definition Audio Device and click on Uninstall.
- After that, Follow onscreen instructions and uninstall that device.
- Finally, You can Click on Action from the menu and then click on “Scan for hardware changes.” It should automatically re-install the audio device. If not, use any of the driver updaters I have mentioned above.
- At last, Restart your computer.
It will fix “One or more audio service isn’t running.”
4. Use System File Checker
Sometimes, Corrupted system components can cause this problem. So, To fix one or more audio service isn’t running issue, you should run the system file checker command. It may work. To do it, follow these instructions:
- At first, Press Win + X on the keyboard or right-click on the start button and then click on “PowerShell Admin”.
- Now, Type the following command and press enter.
- Then, Wait a few moments. It will complete the process.
- After that, Restart your PC.
- Now, Check If everything is working fine or not.
Basically, these are the ways to fix One or more audio service isn’t running problem on Windows 10. If you know any other better methods, feel free to put it in the comment box.