Google Chrome users may encounter ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE problem. If you face it too, how can you fix this error? This article will explain everything.
SSL errors are not rare on chrome. Every day, Many users face different types of secure connection errors on it. But, Today’s article is about ERR SSL Version Interference which is an error that has been bugging many users in recent days. There might be many reasons behind this problem. But, You can fix ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE easily.
Table of Contents
Reasons Behind this Error:
The most common reasons behind this problem are-
- Browser extension
- Antivirus or firewall
- Corrupted cache and data
- Browser misconfiguration.
There might be other things that can cause this error.
Fix ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE on Google Chrome
Before getting started, make sure you have been using the latest version of Google Chrome. Otherwise, Update it. To get rid of this problem, you can follow the given methods.
1. Try in Guest Mode
Sometimes, Any of the chrome extension may create conflict. As a result, You may encounter the problem while visiting specific web pages. So, You should browse that website in the guest mode to see if it solves your problem. If it works, you should find out the problematic extension and delete it. Here are the relevant instructions.
- At first, Click on the profile icon on the top right corner of Google Chrome. Then, Choose “Open Guest Window.”
- After that, Visit the website in guest mode.
- If you don’t face any problem in guest mode, close the guest window.
- Then, Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and hit enter. It will lead you to the extension window.
- Now, You will see a list of installed extensions on your browser. Just disable them all by tweaking the enable/disable switch.
- Then, Visit the problematic website and see if it solves your problem.
- If it works, try to enable an extension and visit that website. Then, Enable another one. By this way, Enable extensions one by one until you find the problematic one.
- After identifying the culprit, you can keep it disabled or just delete it.
By this way, you can fix ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE.
2. Clear Cache and Data
Sometimes, You may still encounter that SSL interference error even after disabling all extensions. It means the cached files and data have issues. To get rid of this situation, you should clear all cache and data from your browser and see if it solves the problem. To do it, follow these instructions.
- At first, Type chrome://settings/clearBrowserData on the address bar and hit enter. It will lead you to a new window.
- Now, Click on Advanced tab and check everything except “Browsing history.”
- Then, Click on Clear Data.
- After that, Relaunch chrome and see if it has fixed ERR SSL version interference.
3. Disable/Uninstall Security Program Temporarily
The security programs installed on your computer can be another reason behind this problem. Some antivirus has SSL scan or similar feature. These features are helpful. But, Sometimes, These can be annoying. So, I recommend you to disable any antivirus, firewall or any other antimalware or security programs on your PC. Then, See if it helps. If you see it helps, you can find and disable the feature that is causing this problem.
4. Disable TLS 1.3
It is one of the most working methods to fix ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE. Though I don’t recommend you to disable TLS 1.3. It has some security risks. By the way, To disable this feature, follow these instructions.
- At first, Type chrome://flags/ on the address bar and hit enter.
- Now, Find TLS 1.3 using the search box and set it to disabled using from default.
- Relaunch chrome.
Now, You should be able to visit problematic HTTPS websites without facing the SSL interference error.
5. Reset Chrome
If the problem is still bugging you, i suggest you to reset Google Chrome to see if it helps. Here are the instructions.
- On Chrome address bar, type chrome://settings/ and press enter.
- Now, Search for the option “Reset” using the search box.
- Then, Click on Restore settings to their original defaults under the Reset and clean up section.
- Reset your chrome and it may solve err SSL version intereference.
These are the most working way to resolve this type of errors. In addition, you may change DNS and re-install chrome. I hope it will help to troubleshoot ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE.
You may know any other method that also work. If yes, let everyone know in the comment box.