Sometimes, You may find that your windows computer can’t wake up from sleep mode. To fix this issue, you are going to get some instructions in this article.
Sleep mode is an excellent feature on Windows. It helps us in many ways. But, If windows can’t wake up from sleep mode even after trying many things, it’s annoying. But, Fortunately, You can get rid of this problem. To know the procedure let’s go through this article.
Table of Contents
How to Fix Windows Can’t Wake Up from Sleep Mode
There might be several reasons behind the problem you have been encountering. No matter why Windows 10 won’t wake up from sleep mode, you will have the options to fix it. Here are the most effective ways to get rid of this problem.
1. Run Power Troubleshooter
To fix this sleep problem, you should run the power troubleshooter in Windows 10. Because it may save your time by avoiding some tricky methods. To do it, follow these steps.
- At first, Press Win + I to open settings.
- Now, Click on the Update & Security and then go to Troubleshoot.
- Then, Find and click on power.
- Click on run the troubleshooter and follow the onscreen instructions.
- If the problem is not complex, it should fix it.
2. Tweak Power Management for Keyboard and Mouse
You press on the keyboard or mouse to make your PC wake up from sleep mode. But, Sometimes, Your keyboard and mouse may prevent Windows from doing it. It is because of a simple modification in power management. But, You can definitely fix it. Here are the steps to follow.
- First of all, Open the start menu, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter. It will open Windows Device Manager.
- After that, Expand keyboard and double-click on the keyboard driver.
- Then, Go to the Power Management tab and check “Allow this device to wake the computer.”
- Click on OK.
- This time, Expand the Mice and other pointing devices and double click on the mouse driver.
- Again, Tweak the power management so that it can wake the Windows 10 PC.
- Now, Restart your computer.
After doing these things, Verify that it is working. I hope it will fix windows can’t wake up from sleep mode issue.
3. Update All of the Drivers
Any corrupted drivers installed on your computer can be a reason behind this type of problem. Else, Every user should keep their PC drivers up to date. So, To solve the sleep mode problem, you also should update the drivers on your Windows PC. Especially, Don’t forget to keep your display driver up to date.
4. Roll Back or Uninstall Intel Management Engine Components
In many cases, The Intel Management Engine Components creates sleep-related problems in Windows. It is because you have been using the corrupted driver or the recent version is problematic. If updating it creates a problem, you can roll back it to the previous version. Otherwise, You should uninstall it to fix Windows won’t wake up from sleep mode problem.
To roll back, follow these instructions.
- At first, Open Windows Device Manager like method 1.
- Now, Expand system devices and double-click on the Intel Management Engine Interface.
- Then, Go to driver tab and click on “Roll back driver.”
- At last, Restart your PC.
If it doesn’t help, uninstall this driver by following the steps given below.
- In device manager, expand system devices.
- Now, Right-click on the Intel Management Engine Interface and choose “Uninstall device.”
- Follow onscreen instructions.
It will uninstall the driver. But, Windows may automatically re-install it. So, You will have to do a little more thing. Here are the instructions.
- At first, Open Run by pressing on Win + R.
- Type, gpedit.msc and hit enter.
- Then, Go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Device Installation > Device Installation Restrictions.
- Now, Double click on Prevent installation of devices not described by other policy settings.
- Change the settings Not Configured/Disabled to Enabled.
- Then, Restart your computer.
If you can do these things, it may fix windows 10 can’t wake up from sleep mode issue.
5. Modify Sleep Settings
A simple change in your sleep settings may help with this problem. To it follow these instructions.
- At first, Open run, type powercfg.cpl and hit enter.
- Now, Click on Change plan settings next to the plan you are using.
- Then, Click on Change Advanced Power Settings.
- Find and expand sleep and then expand Allow wake timers.
- Enable it for both battery and plugged in.
It should fix your problem.
6. Disable Fast Startup
It is another well-known method to troubleshoot windows can’t wake up from sleep problem. To disable fast startup, you can follow these instructions.
- First of all, Open power settings like method 5.
- Now, Click on “Choose what the power buttons do.”
- Then, Click on “Change settings that are currently unavailable.”
- After that, Uncheck “Turn on fast startup.”
- Save the settings and restart your computer.
7. Re-Enable Hibernation to Fix Sleep Mode Problem
To get rid of the sleep mode problem in Windows, re-enabling hibernation is a very effective solution. Especially, It helps if your computer doesn’t wake up from sleep. To re-enable it, you can follow these steps.
- At first, Open Start Menu, type CMD, right click on the command prompt and choose run as administrator.
- After opening command prompt as admin, run the following commands.
powercfg.exe /hibernate off
powercfg.exe /hibernate on
- Then, Restart your PC.
- At last, Try to put your PC into sleep mode and see if it fixes the problem or not.
8. Disable Hybrid Sleep
This one is one of the best methods to get rid of Windows won’t wake up from sleep mode problem. Disabling hybrid sleep may sometimes help to fix this type of problem. To do it, follow these steps.
- At first, Open Power Settings like method 5.
- Now, Navigate to Change Power Settings > Change Advanced Power Settings.
- Expand Sleep > Allow hybrid sleep and set it off.
- You are done.
These are the most common methods to fix windows can’t wake up from sleep mode error. But, there might be other effective ways to get your job done. If you have your very own method that worked, you can share it in the comment box.