You may want to know how to fix wireless mouse/keyboard keeps losing connection problem. Because it has become a common issue for some users.
Wireless keyboards and mouse have grabbed the attention of the modern peoples. But, People face some common issues with it. Especially, The connection problem has become pretty annoying nowadays. Some users complain that their Bluetooth mouse or keyboard often lose connection with the USB dongle. But, Don’t worry! This article contains the proper solutions for you.
Table of Contents
How to Fix Wireless Mouse/Keyboard Keeps Losing Connection Problem
If you face random connection loses or your mouse or keyboard not responding properly, follow these methods. Hopefully, You will be able to resolve it.
1. Recharge/Change Battery of Mouse/Keyboard
The most common reason behind wireless device connectivity problem is the battery issue. So, You should double check that your Bluetooth mouse or keyboards battery is fully charged. If it doesn’t have the rechargeable battery, buy a new battery for it and see. I hope after that it will start working again.
2. Resync the Reciever
To troubleshoot wireless mouse/keyboard connection problem, you may need to resync it with the receiver. Because, Sometimes, It may encounter sync problem. As a result, your keyboard or mouse may not work properly. To fix this problem, follow these instructions.
- At first, Find and press the connect button on the USB Dongle (Reciever). It should now start flashing.
- Then, Press the connect button on the mouse or keyboard. The flashing should stop on the dongle. It means it has just resynced successfully.
Note: Some keyboards or mouse may not have that button. In that case, Follow the manuals that came with them or visit the manufacturer website.
By this way, you can get rid of wireless mouse/keyboard keeps losing connection issue.
3. Insert Reciever Dongle in Different Port
Most wireless mouse and keyboard comes with a Bluetooth USB dongle. It acts as the signal receiver. In some cases, if you insert in a different USB port, it may fix wireless mouse connection problem.
4. Update/Re-install Keyboard/Mouse and Bluetooth Driver
To fix wireless mouse/keyboard keeps losing connection, this method can be a great solution. To update keyboard driver, follow these instructions.
- First of all, Open start menu, type devmgmt.msc and press enter. It will open Windows Device manager.
- Now, Find the Keyboard and mouse driver, right click on it and choose update driver.
- Then, Follow your Preferred method to install the update.
It should resolve our problem. You also can update the Bluetooth driver. If it doesn’t help, re-install the driver. Here are the instructions.
- At first, Open the device manager like before.
- After that, Right click on the keyboard or mouse driver.
- Then, Choose uninstall device.
- At last, Restart your Computer.
Do the same thing for the Bluetooth driver. It will solve the problem.
5. Tweak Power Management Setting
If none of the first four methods work, it is the ultimate method to fix wireless keyboard/mouse keeps losing connection. You can tweak power management setting for keyboard/mouse and Bluetooth driver. Here are the instructions.
- First of all, Open device manager like before.
- Then, Find and right-click on the keyboard or mouse driver and go to its properties.
- Now, Go to the power management tab and uncheck “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.”
- Then, Check “Allow this device to wake the computer.”
- Do the same thing for the Bluetooth drivers.
Hopefully, it will work.
Still encountering the problem? Probably, you should get support from the manufacturer or may need to change the keyboard.
These are the most effective solution to fix wireless mouse/keyboard randomly losing connection problem.