Like any other electronic device, iPhone is not immune to issues. One such problem that iPhone users occasionally encounter is the dreaded white screen.
This problem can occur in all the models, including from iPhone 4 to 14. If you find yourself facing this frustrating situation, fear not! In this article, we will explore the causes behind the iPhone white screen issue and provide you with practical solutions to resolve it. Follow these methods carefully to solve the problem.
If necessary, learn how to fix iPhone freezing problem.
Table of Contents
What is causing iPhone white screen issue
Users often face issues where the iPhone screen goes white, and they can’t use their device. Which results in unpleasant experiences. Various factors can cause the iPhone’s white screen issue. Here are some common causes:
- Software Glitches.
- iOS Update.
- Physical Damage.
- Faulty Hardware Components.
- Battery Issues.
- Third-Party Apps.
It’s important to note that identifying the exact cause of the white screen problem requires careful troubleshooting and diagnostics.
How can I fix: iPhone white screen issue
There are a variety of ways to fix the iPhone white screen issue. Before going through the detailed methods, we suggest you do these quick steps:
- Restart your iPhone and see if the problem is resolved.
- Eject the sim card and try to restart it again.
After that, Follow the methods mentioned below to solve the iPhone white screen issue that you are encountering:
1. Perform a Forced Restart:
Performing a forced restart can solve your ios white screen issue. Follow these steps:
1.1 For iPhone 6s and earlier models:
Press and hold the Home button and Power buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears.
1.2 For iPhone 7 and 7 Plus:
Press and hold the volume down button and the power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears.
1.3 For iPhone 8 and all other latest models:
Quickly press and release the volume up button, then do the same with the volume down button. Press and hold the power button until the Apple logo appears.
2. Disable The Zoom Feature on iPhone:
Sometimes when you accidentally enable the Zoom feature, it may look like your iPhone has a white screen issue. To check it, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and go to Accessibility.
- Go to the Zoom option and disable the Zoom feature.
3. Repair with ReiBoot (No data loss):
ReiBoot is an iPhone repair application that will fix your iPhone white screen issue. To fix this issue, follow these steps:
- Install ReiBoot from its official website.
- Plug your phone into your PC with a USB cable.
- Click the Start button on ReiBoot.
- Select the Standard Repair option.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to go to recovery mode.
- Select Start Standard Repair.
- Wait for finish the repair process.
4. Connect to iTunes and Restore:
If none of the previous steps worked, you may need to connect your iPhone to a computer with iTunes installed. Then follow these steps:
- Connect your device using a USB cable and open iTunes.
- If prompted, enter your passcode or choose to Trust This Computer.
- Once connected, select your iPhone within iTunes and choose the Restore iPhone option.
- This process will erase all data on your iPhone, so make sure you have a recent backup.
- Restoring your device will reinstall the iOS system, potentially eliminating the white screen issue.
5. DFU (Device Firmware Update) Mode:
Entering DFU mode can be a more advanced troubleshooting step to fix persistent software issues. Follow these steps carefully:
- Connect your iPhone to a computer with iTunes like before.
- Force restart your iPhone based on your device model (as mentioned in method 1).
- Then release the power button but continue holding the volume down button for another 5 seconds.
- If the screen remains black, your iPhone has entered DFU mode. iTunes will display a message indicating that a device in recovery mode has been detected.
- Choose the Restore option to reinstall the iOS system on your device.
- This process erases all data, so make sure you have a backup.
If the above methods don’t work for you, try these additional steps:
- Check your Battery and Replace it if necessary.
- Check for Water or Physical Damage.
If you cannot resolve the issue on your own, it’s recommended to seek assistance from Apple Support or visit an authorized service center for further investigation and repair.
Encountering a white screen on your iPhone can be alarming, but it is a problem that can usually be resolved. Following the steps outlined in this guide, you can try various troubleshooting methods and get your device back up and running. With a bit of patience and persistence, you can overcome the iPhone white screen issue and continue enjoying the full functionality of your device.