Do you have an app that you want to run as an Administrator on Windows by default? If yes, go through this article to know how to achieve it.
There are some apps or software in Windows 10 or 11 that run awfully if there are no administrative rights. Some apps end up giving various errors. For example, If you use Xampp, due to some restrictions or configuration it is no longer working great without admin rights. It may seem that it’s working fine. But, While closing the app, you may get errors. For this type of error, you may want some particular apps to run with admin rights by default.
Table of Contents
How to Run any Program as Administrator by Default in Windows 11/10
There are many types of Apps that Windows support. But, For Only Win32 apps/software you can tweak some settings that will open them as administrators by default. Here are the ways to do it.
1. Locat the Original App/Program File
If you want, you can make any shortcuts of any programs run as admin by default. However, You may want to find the original program’s location as shortcuts may be temporary. Or Windows 11 or 10 start menu may not give you the option we are going to use.
In this case, I suggest you right-click on the shortcut and click on Open File Location. It will open the location in File Explorer where the original app/software file exists.
2. Tweak the Properties
After getting the file location, you can now proceed to the actual method. To enable run as administrator, you must go to the properties of that application. Here are the details.
- At first, Right-click on the .exe file and go to its properties.
- Now, Go to the compatibility tab and tick “Run this program as an administrator.”
- Then, Click on Apply and OK.
3. Alternative Method if Compatibility Tab is Missing
For some apps, there won’t be a compatibility tab. In this, case, you should follow an alternative way. Here are the details-
- At first, Make a shortcut of the program if there is no existing shortcut.
- Then, Go to its properties and go to the shortcut tab.
- Now, Click on Advanced and then tick Run as administrator.
- Save the settings.
From now, That particular program will be run as administrator by default every time you open it.
I hope this article will help you. If you have any opinion, share it in the comment box.