Do you update drivers of your PC regularly? Maybe yes or not. Manually doing it may be time-consuming. You also can do it automatically. But, How? This article will solve all of these puzzles.
Outdated drivers often cause many issues on a computer. The blue screen of death can be a result of driver incompatibility. Else, Driver issues are responsible for many other system-related problems. On the other hand, Each driver updates come with security fixes, performance improvement, and better compatibility. So, Keeping drivers on your PC up to date is essential. But, How can you update drivers on Windows? There are two ways. You can do it either manually or automatically. It is actually very easy. Let’s go through the next part of this article.
Table of Contents
How to Update Drivers in Windows Easily
Though Windows install some of the latest drivers with Windows update, still most drivers remain outdated. But, You can keep them up to date by yourself. It can be either a manual process or an automated process. You can do it with or without any third-party tool. Now, You are going to know how to do it.
Method 1: Update Drivers Manually
If you want a free way to update drivers without having any third-party tools, the manual process is the only way. Though, It may take time because you will need to update all drivers one by one. Here are to steps, you will need to follow:
- At first, Open the start menu. Then, Type devmgmt.msc and press enter. It will open Windows Device Manager.
- Now, You should see a list of driver categories on your PC. If you click on > this icon, next to a category name, it will expand it. Then, You will see the driver list under that category. For example, Click on the > icon next to the “Disk Drives.” It will expand and show you all the hard disks, SSDs and storage drivers.
- Anyway, If you want to update any driver, just right-click on it and choose “Update Driver.”
- Now, select which way you want to install the update. You can choose “Search automatically for updated driver software.” It will search for the latest update online, download and install it automatically. But, If you don’t have an internet connection, choose “Browse my computer for driver software,” and choose the appropriate file. Then, Update/install.
Some updates may require you to restart Windows. This is a simple process to update drivers on your computer.
Method 2: Use Third-party tools to Update Drivers Automatically
To the users like me, it sounds annoying to check and update every driver manually which is a waste of my time. In this case, Third-party tools can help. There are many tools to keep your drivers up to date. I definitely have some suggestions for you.
Driver Booster/Ashampoo Driver Updater or Similar Software to Keep Drivers Up to Date:
Driver Booster, Ashampoo Driver updater are two of the best third-party programs for Windows which can keep your drivers up to date automatically. You can read the driver booster review and Ashampoo Driver Updater Review to get some idea about them.
By the way, Here is how you can use this type of software.
- First of all, Download and install the software.
- Then, open it and click on the scan button.
- It will automatically scan and find outdated drivers.
- Now, Update all or the one you prefer.
The pro version of this software can update drivers automatically. So, You won’t have to do anything.
Intel Driver Update Utility:
If you want to have a software that can update the Intel drivers more conveniently, you can pick “Intel Driver Update Utility.” It works only for Intel devices. To use it follow these instructions.
- At first, download the software from here: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html and install it.
- Now, Open it and scan for the latest driver updates. Then, Install the updates.
Updater from Manufacturer:
If you have a brand PC or laptop, your manufacturer should provide an updater. If not, you can download it from online. Otherwise, To update drivers, you can rely on the manual method or any third-party tools.
I hope this information will help you to keep your PC drivers up to date. If you have suggestions, you can let everyone know in the comment box.